Global workforce management company Assembled has announced that it has closed $51 million in Series B funding increasing the valuation of the company more than 5 times of the current state. The round was led by global venture capital firm New Enterprise Associates (NEA), with participation from existing investors Emergence Capital and Basis Set Ventures.
The recently raised capital will be leveraged for hiring talents for product development and enhanced customer service. Vanessa Larco, Partner, NEA and Hilarie Koplow-McAdams, Venture Partner, NEA will join Assembled's board of directors in conjunction with the financing.
In the past year, Assembled has achieved several significant growth milestones, including:
- Growing revenue by 5x while also delivering a 200+% NRR (net revenue retention)
- Tripling its customer base, with notable new customers including Zoom, Brooks Running, Asana, Wynn, Color Genomics, and Restaurants Brands International
- Building out leadership in Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, and UX with SaaS veterans from Shopify, Atlassian, Flexport, and Stripe
- Growing the Assembled team by 5x
- Launching several new product updates, including a revamped scheduling experience, agent scorecard, and algorithmic scheduling automations
- Forming additional strategic partnerships with leading CX companies, including UJET, Five9, and MaestroQA
In addition to the funding announcement, Assembled is also launching a new initiative called CX Scholars, which commits a percentage of annual revenue to the continued education of those in the support and WFM community. This program is designed to encourage rising CX leaders to learn business fundamentals and other skills that can help accelerate their careers while also benefiting their teams.
Commenting on the growth plans, CEO Ryan Wang said, "For many of our users, support is the biggest roadblock between mission and reality. Why is support so hard to get right? We believe it's because operational issues and people issues rhyme, and that's what we're out to solve."
The platform facilitates the planning and logistics needed to reliably deliver efficient and empathetic support. Operating out of California, the company has a global customer base which includes Stripe, Zoom, Etsy, Intuit and many more, to use staffing intelligence to craft world-class customer experiences.
Elaborating on the customer experience, Zoom’s Head of Mass Market Support Kara Allen said, "At Zoom, we're obsessed with delivering customer happiness. That extends beyond the product into our overall service—we earn our customers' trust in every interaction by showing up in an empathetic way when they need us. Assembled's platform helps us forecast, plan, and staff so that on a day-to-day basis, every interaction with Zoom is a delightful one."