In a globalized, higher-risk, and unstable business environment, the old ways of strategic planning and operating just won’t cut the mustard.
Models, strategies, and even processes can become obsolete really quickly. Forecasting doesn't apply much anymore because the external environment can change very quickly.
Adaptability is a critical characteristic of companies that thrive in fast-changing and highly competitive environments. There are four capabilities that allow an organization to rapidly adapt:
- The ability to quickly appreciate when change is happening (or even before it starts) and to respond quickly
- The ability to test and experiment quickly and often. In the past, the focus of testing has focused on products and services, but this ability also applies to business models, processes, and strategies
- The ability to recognize and effectively manage stakeholders in complex relationships and roles; in particular in multinational locations
- The ability to motivate and lead in a rapidly changing environment
But, how can these characteristics be reflected in individuals and teams, and how we can encourage and build the AQ, or adaptability quotient, in our own organizations? According to Alight and People Matter’s last year’s study on HR transformation, the three essential elements of adaptability are: Commitment to Outcomes, Adoption at Heart, and Navigating to the Future and they are all held together in our ways of working.
Continuing our endeavor to bring insights, Alight and People Matters brings to you the fourth edition of the Alight Solutions' State of HR Transformation study in partnership with People Matters which focuses on the theme “Next-Gen Adaptability.”
What’s in it for you?
Here are a few more takeaways for survey participants:
- Alight will share the exclusive benchmarking report with you, only available for participants. The comprehensive report will help you assess yourself and see how you fare with your peers in this transformation journey.
- You also get exclusive access to a microsite with readiness assessment tool kits, articles, and an online community of peers to discuss, share insights and find out if HR leaders have been able to find answers in 2019.
- Get access to best practices of some of the leading organizations on how they are leading their transformation journeys
Embracing an adaptive workforce means taking things a step further. Participate in the survey now!